Country Apple Pie
Total: 1 hour
- 1 refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crust
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup spoonable brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in a 6-inch tart pan or round shallow casserole, letting the dough drape over the sides of the pan.
- Fill the crust with apple slices. Sprinkle with brown sugar substitute and cinnamon. Dot with margarine. Sprinkle on nutmeg; fold pastry edges up over the apples.
- Brush the pastry top with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake for 45 minutes, until apple filling is bubbly and crust is golden. Cool slightly and serve.
|Per serving:||162 calories (45% calories from fat), 1 g protein, 8 g total fat (3.1 g total fat), 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 7 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 1/2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1/2 fruit), 1 1/2 fat|