Mango Tip: If your mango isn't ripe, place it in a brown paper bag for 1 to 2 days.
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- ½ small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and cubed
- 1 scallion, white part and 2 inches green, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the mango in a covered bowl. Add the red pepper, tomato, scallion, ginger, garlic, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
|Per serving:||51 calories (5% calories from fat), 1 g protein, trace total fat (0 saturated fat), 13 g carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable)|