(makes 6 servings)
|6||dried black mushrooms|
|Instant miso soup for 6|
|1||scallion, chopped including some green|
|12||1/3-inch squares of firm tofu, about 2 ounces (60 g) total|
|6||slices of bamboo shoots|
- Soak the mushrooms in warm water to cover until softened, about 20 minutes. Drain, and discard the stems. Cut the caps into small squares.
- Prepare the instant miso according to directions and keep warm.
- Cut 6 paper thin slices of carrot and then fashion into a flower by cutting out notches around the edge. If you wish. Leaving them round also looks fine.
- Place the small cubes of tofu on a paper towel and press lightly to dry and press.
- Place the tofu, sliced scallion, and bamboo shoots in the soup and warm through.
- Ladle into bowl and decorate with mushrooms and carrot flowers.
|Per serving:||70 calories (28% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 2 g total fat (0.4 g saturated fat), 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 721 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1/2 lean protein (meat), 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|