Popcorn Party Mix
(Makes about 3 quarts)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 quarts popcorn (however you want to pop it)
- 1 cup fat-free tiny pretzel sticks
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- ½ cup dry roasted sunflower seeds
- In a small skillet, combine margarine, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Heat for 1 minute over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large paper bag. Pour on margarine-spice mixture. Close bag tightly and shake vigorously to coat evenly.
- Pour popcorn mixture into a large bowl and enjoy.
|Per 1-cup (45 g) serving:||195 calories (42% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 8 g total fat (1.0 g saturated fat), 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||1 1/2 carbohydrate (1 1/2 bread/starch), 2 fat|