Chile Con Queso Dip
- 4 ounces reduced-fat processed cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup store-bought chunky salsa
- 1 16-ounce can fat-free refried beans
- ¼ cup well-drained canned chopped green chiles
- Combine all ingredients and put in a microwave-safe dish. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Continue to cook for another 4 minutes, stirring once, until cheese is melted and dip is warmed through.
- Serve hot with fat-free or reduced-fat tortilla chips.
|Per serving (dip only):||102 calories (32% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 3 g total fat (2.0 g saturated fat), 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 10 mg cholesterol, 530 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 lean protein (meat), 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|