Baked Pita Chips
- 6 6-inch pita breads
- cooking spray
- Mrs. Dash or various spices to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With a sharp knife, cut each pita bread into 6 wedges. Gently pull apart each triangle to separate it into 2 pieces, getting 12 triangles per pita bread.
- Lay the triangles in a single layer on a large non-stick baking sheet. You can use parchment paper, if you want. (Depending on the size of your baking sheet, you make need to bake them in two batches.)
- Lightly coat triangles with cooking spray and sprinkle on spices.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, until pita begins to color. Turn pitas over and continue to bake until crisp and golden brown (about another 5 minutes).
- Store in airtight containers. Terrific with our guacamole or hummus.
|Per 6 Chip Serving:||83 calories (4% calories from fat), 0 total fat (0 saturated fat), 3 g protein, 17 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 36 mg potassium|
|Diabetic Exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|