- 1 pound baby red potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 2/3 cup skim milk, heated
- 2 teaspoons minced picked jalapeño chiles
- salt (optional)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- If potatoes are larger than 1 inch in diameter, cut in half or quarters. Drop into a large pot of boiling water along with the garlic. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and begin mashing potatoes and garlic with a potato masher or electric mixer. Add hot milk and continue mashing until potatoes are desired consistency.
- Stir in chiles and season with salt (if using) and pepper. Serve immediately.
|Per serving:||95 calories (0% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 0 total fat (0 saturated fat), 23 g carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber, 1 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|