Roasted New Potatoes, Fennel, Garlic, and Asparagus
- cooking spray
- 2 pounds new potatoes, cleaned
- 2 fennel bulbs, tough outer leaves removed, quartered
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 pound asparagus, ends snapped off
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Cut potatoes into equal sized pieces.
- Place potatoes, quartered fennel bulbs, and garlic on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil).
- Coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the potatoes are almost done (about 20 minutes).
- Add the asparagus. Coat with cooking spray and roast another 5 minutes until crisp cooked.
- Remove and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Serve immediately.
|Per serving:||120 calories (5% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 1 g total fat (0.1 g saturated fat), 28 g carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 947 mg potassium, 31 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||2 carbohydrate (1 1/2 bread/starch, 1 1/2 vegetable)|