Lemon Green Beans
- 1 ¼ pounds fresh green beans, stem ends trimmed and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a medium sauté pan, cover beans with cold water. Place on stove over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Add the olive oil to the sauté pan and return to stove over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until garlic is soft, but not browned, about 4 minutes. Stir often.
- Return beans to pan, add salt (if using), lemon juice, and parsley. Stir to combine. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until beans are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Serve at once.
|Per serving:||71 calories (27% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 2 g total fat (0.3 g saturated fat), 12 g carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (2 vegetable)|