Garlic and Thyme Mashed Potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 2 sprigs thyme, plus 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and cut the potatoes into similar sized pieces. Place in a large pot of boiling water with the garlic and thyme sprigs. Simmer until the potatoes test done with a sharp knife.
- Drain the potatoes, and discard the garlic and thyme sprigs.
- Mash the potatoes. Add the fresh thyme leaves (chopped) and milk with salt (if using) and pepper.
|Per serving:||116 calories (0% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 0 total fat (0 saturated fat), 26 g carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 90 mg potassium, 15 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|