- 4 medium ears of corn, shucked
- cooking spray
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and cut into a small dice
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and cut into a small dice
- 1 large plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Boil the corn in a large pot of water for 3 minutes. Remove and allow to cool to the touch. Cut off kernels and place in a large bowl. You should have about 2 cups.
- Lightly coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and sauté the onion until wilted.
- Add the chili powder and cumin; sauté another minute.
- Combine with the corn.
- Add the red and green bell pepper, tomato, and cilantro to the corn mixture.
- In a small cup, combine the oil, vinegar, salt (if using), and pepper. Drizzle over the salad.
- Serve at room temperature.
|Per serving:||129 calories (27% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 23 g carbohydrates, 4 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 1/2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1 vegetable), 1 fat|