Brussels Sprouts with Canadian Bacon
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- After slicing off the stem ends, slice the Brussels sprouts thin.
- Heat margarine in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and Canadian bacon, sauteeing and stirring frequently until shallots are soft and bacon is browned (about 5 minutes).
- Toss in the Brussels sprouts and contine to cook, stirring frequently until Brussels sprouts are cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Add lemon juice and continue to cook for another minute.
- Serve hot.
|Per serving:||52 calories (20% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 1 g total fat (0.3 g saturated fat), 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 4 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium|