Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled
- cooking spray
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into wedges about 1/2-inch thick.
- Lay in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet (you could also put down a layer of parchment paper or aluminum foil). Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning wedges once or twice during baking period, until potatoes are crisped and tender.
- Serve at once.
|Per serving:||76 calories (0 % calories from fat), 1 g protein, 0 total fat (0 saturated fat), 19 g carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 26 g sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|