Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
(makes 2 cups)
- 8 fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, stem and seeds removed
- cooking spray
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the tomatillos and jalapeño on a small baking sheet. Lightly spritz with cooking spray. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until tomatillos are golden and soft.
- Transfer tomatillos and jalapeño to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest and juice. Pulse again to mix.
- Refrigerate until you're ready to use.
|Per 1/4-cup (60 ml) serving:||13 calories (0% calories from fat), 0 protein, 0 total fat )0 saturated fat), 3 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 103 mg potassium, 0 sodium|