Turkey Ham and Apple Sandwich
(makes 1 serving)
|2||slices raisin bread|
|2||teaspoons (10 ml) reduced-fat mayonnaise|
|1||teaspoon (5 ml) prepared mustard (optional)|
|2||ounces (60 g) sliced deli turkey ham|
|1||small apple, cut in half, cored, and thinly sliced|
|1||lettuce leaf, washed and drained on paper towels|
- Lay bread slices on a cutting board. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard, if using
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the top side of each bread slice.
- Fold each turkey ham slice into quarters and place on 1 slice of bread. Arrange the apple slices on top of the turkey ham. Cover with the lettuce leaf.
- Place the second slice on top of the lettuce, mayonnaise side down.
- Serve at once, or cut into half or quarters and serve.
|Per serving:||304 calories (24% calories from fat), 15 g protein, 8 g total fat (2.2 g saturated fat), 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g dietary fiber, 45 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||2 lean meat, 3 carbohydrate (2 bread/starch, 1 fruit)|