Winter Fruit Salad
- 8 red apples, such as Jonathan or Gala, cored and diced
- 8 green Bartlett or Anjou pears, cored and diced
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed, sliced
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
- sugar substitute, to taste (optional)
- 4 bananas, sliced
- Place all of the fruit (except bananas), juices and liqueur (if using) in a large attractive bowl. Add sugar substitute, if using. Gently mix.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate 4 to 8 hours, but no longer.
- Just before serving, stir in banana slices.
|Per serving:||131 calories (5% calories from fat), 1 g protein, 1 g total fat (0.1 g saturated fat), 33 g carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||2 carbohydrate (fruit)|