- 1 14 1/2-ounce loaf of Italian or French crusty style bread, sliced in half lengthwise (you can remove some of the soft inside of the bread if you want to limit the bread in this)
- 2 6-ounce cans water-packed tuna, drained well
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 ribs of celery, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mash the tuna with a fork until chunks are separated into small pieces.
- Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, and celery. Combine well.
- Spoon the mixture into the bottom half of the bread. Sprinkle on salt and pepper (if using). Top with tomato and lettuce, and then put the other half of the bread on top of that.
|Per serving:||247 calories (12% calories from fat), 18 g protein, 3 g total fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 14 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||2 very lean meat, 2 1/2 carbohydrate (2 1/2 bread/starch)|