Spring Salad with Oranges and Raspberry/Orange Vinaigrette
(makes 4 servings)
|4||cups (224 g) bite-size pieces of butter lettuce, well washed and drained|
|1/4||cup (26 g) fresh bean sprouts, rinsed and drained|
|1||large navel orange|
|1||small shallot, finely minced|
|1||tablespoon (15 ml) raspberry vinegar|
|1||tablespoons (15 ml) olive oil|
|freshly ground pepper|
- Put lettuce in a salad bowl. Top with bean sprouts.
- Finely grate 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the zest from the orange. Set aside.
- Peel the orange, removing all white pith. Thinly slice crosswise. Arrange orange slices on top of lettuce.
- In a small cup, whisk together shallot, vinegar, and oil. Pour over greens and season with salt (if using) and pepper to taste.
- Toss and serve at the table.
|Per serving:||65 calories (45 % calories from fat), 2 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 8 g carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 253 mg potassium, 4 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1/2 carbohydrate (fruit), 1 fat|