Grilled Salmon over Warm French Potato Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
(makes 4 Servings)
|1||pound (480 g) Russet or baking potatoes|
|6||ounces (180 g) fresh young green beans, trimmed and sliced into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces|
|2||scallions, white part only, thinly sliced|
|1 1/2||tablespoons (22.5 ml) olive oil|
|1||tablespoon (15 ml) water|
|1 1/2||tablespoons (22.5 ml) white wine vinegar|
|1/4||teaspoon (1.25 ml) Dijon mustard|
|1/8||teaspoon (0.6) ml) garlic powder|
|1||small tomato, 4 ounces (120 g), seeded and finely chopped|
|1||tablespoon (15 ml) chopped fresh basil|
|1||tablespoon (15 ml) chopped parsley|
|1/4||teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt (optional)|
|freshly ground pepper|
|1 1/4||pounds (660 g) fresh salmon fillets, skinned, and cut into 4 equal pieces|
|sprigs of fresh basil for garnish (optional)|
- !. Start the grill or preheat the broiler.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. Place in lightly salted water; boil until tender when tested with the sharp point of a knife.
- Cook the beans in boiling water to cover until just crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain and refresh in ice water. Drain again. Place in a medium bowl. Combine with scallions.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Set aside.
- Drain the Potatoes and cut into thin slices. Place in bowl with the beans. Whisk the vinaigrette and pour over potatoes and beans. Toss to evenly coat.
- Grill or broil the salmon for 4 to 5 minutes per side until done, carefully turning once.
- Mound the potato salad on 4 serving plates. Top each with a grilled salmon fillet. If desired, garnish with a sprig of basil.
|Per Serving:||327 calories (37% calories from fat), 28 g protein, 13 g total fat (2.0 g saturated fat), 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 70 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium|
|Diabetic Exchanges:||3 medium-fat meat, 1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch), 1 vegetable|