(makes 2 entrees, 4 servings each)
|2||10-ounce (300 g) boneless pork tenderloins|
|1/2||cup (72 g) dried no-sugar-added dried cherries|
|grated zest and juice of 2 lemons|
|2||cups (480 ml) 98% fat-free, no-salt-added canned chicken broth|
|2||large cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon|
|1/4||teaspoon (1.75 ml) ground cumin|
|1/4||teaspoon (1.75 ml) dried dill weed|
- Trim off and discard any visible fat from the pork tenderloins. Place each in a 1-gallon plastic freezer bag. Add 8 apricots and 1/4 cup of the dried cherries to each bag.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Transfer half of the mixture to each of the plastic bags. Seal and freeze until firm.
- When ready to bake, thaw 1 bag. Preheat oven to 400°F ( °C), Gas Mark 6.
- Transfer pork and broth mixture to a baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes, until an instant meat thermometer inserted into the pork registers 155°F. During cooking time, occasionally baste pork with the sauce.
- To serve, cut meat into thin slices and serve with the sauce.
|Per serving:||135 calories (17% calories from fat), 16 g protein, 3 g total fat (0.9 g saturated fat), 13 g carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber, 42 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||2 lean protein, 1 carbohydrate (fruit)|