error: categories=desserts, holidays, international
(makes 6 tarts)
|1||sheet frozen puff pastry dough|
|3||6-ounce (180 g) ripe Bartlett pears|
|3||teaspoons (15 ml) grated orange zest|
|juice of 1 small lemon|
|butter-flavored refrigerated cooking spray|
|1/4||cup (50 g) unsweetened apple sauce|
|2||teaspoons (10 g) sugar|
|1/4||teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground cinnamon|
|6||tablespoons (90 ml) fat-free, sugar-free frozen whipped topping|
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C), Gas Mark 8. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Open the pastry dough and place on a cutting board to thaw.
- While the oven is preheating, peel and core the pears. Thinly slice the pears and toss in orange zest and lemon juice.
- Cut the puff pastry into six 41/2- inch (11.5 cm) squares. Coat each square with cooking spray. Place 1/6 of the apple sauce on the middle of each square and top with sliced pears. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over each tart. Coat tarts again with cooking spray.
- Bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 minutes until the fruit is cooked. Serve warm, garnishing each tart with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the whipped topping.
|Per serving:||260 calories (38% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 11 g total fat (2.5 g saturated fat), 39 g carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 137 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||2 1/2 carbohydrate (1 1/2 bread/starch < 1 fruit), 2 fat|