(makes 4 servings)
|1||pound (450 g) sirloin of lamb, fat removed, thinly sliced|
|2||tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice|
|1||tablespoon (15 ml) finely minced fresh ginger|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|2||tablespoons (30 ml) low-sodium soy sauce|
|1||large egg white|
|2||tablespoons (30 ml) cornstarch|
|1/8 to 1/4||teaspoon (1.25 to 2.5 ml) crushed red pepper flakes (optional)|
|2||cups (370 g) instant rice, cooked in an equal amount of water according to package directions vegetable oil cooking spray|
|1||garlic clove minced|
|2||scallions, white part and 3 inches (7.5 cm) green, thinly sliced|
|4||ounces (120 g) sliced mushrooms|
|6||ounces (180 g) snow peas, strings removed|
|2||tablespoons (30 ml) dry sherry or Chinese cooking wine|
|1/2||cup (118 ml) low-sodium canned beef broth, fat removed|
|6||ounces (180 g) mung bean sprouts|
|1/4||teaspoon (1.25 ml) sesame oil|
|Sprigs of fresh cilantro, chopped|
- Place the lamb in a shallow dish. In a small measuring cup, combine the marinade ingredients, whisking until well combined. Pour over lamb, stir, and set aside while you prepare the vegetables and remaining ingredients.
- Prepare the rice and set aside. Keep warm.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet or wok with the cooking spray; place over high heat until pan sizzles when tested with a few drops of water. Add the garlic, scallions, and the lamb with marinade. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until lamb is browned.
- Add the mushrooms and snow peas. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the sherry and beef broth; stir until sauce thickens.
- Just before serving, stir in the bean sprouts and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Divide the rice between 4 plates (we like to use large shallow soup or pasta bowls) and top with 1/4 of the lamb-vegetable mix. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
|Per serving:||412 calories (14% calories from fat), 32 g protein, 7 g total fat (2,8 g saturated fat), 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 75 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||3 lean meat, 3 carbohydrate (3 bread/starch), 1 vegetable|