Grilled Tuna Niçoise Salad
(makes 4 servings)
|2||tablespoons (30 ml) red wine vinegar|
|2||tablespoons (30 ml) Dijon mustard|
|1 1/2||teaspoons (7.5 ml) fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) crushed dried|
|1||tablespoon (15 ml) chopped flat-leaf parsley|
|2||tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil|
|2||tablespoons (30 ml) water|
|1 1/4||pounds (600 g) fresh tuna steak|
|olive oil cooking spray|
|freshly ground pepper|
|1/2||pound (240 g) yellow squash, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) slices|
|1/2||pound (240 g) young green beans, trimmed|
|1/2||red bell pepper, 2 ounces (60 g), seeded and thinly sliced|
|6||ounces (180 g) cherry tomatoes, cut in half|
|6||cups (336 g) mixed salad greens|
|3||Niçoise olives, seeded and roughly chopped|
- Make the dressing in a small bowl, whisking together the vinegar, mustard, thyme, flat leaf parsley, olive oil, and water. Whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler.
- Lightly coat the tuna and squash slices with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pepper. Grill the tuna until medium rare, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grill the squash slices until nicely browned on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes. Slice the tuna into thin strips.
- Cook the beans in a pot of boiling water until just crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain and refresh with running cold water. Drain again.
- When ready to serve, divide the greens between 4 dinner plates. Divide the green beans, squash, red bell pepper, and tomatoes decoratively on the plates and top with tuna slices.
- Sprinkle each with some of the chopped olive. Whisk the dressing and drizzle over the salads. Serve at once.
|Per Serving:||279 calories (32% calories from fat), 35 g protein, 10 g total fat (1.6 g saturated fat), 13 g carbohydrate, 5 g dietary fiber, 67 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium|
|Diabetic Exchanges:||4 lean protein, 2 1/2 vegetable|