Grilled Tuna Burgers with Ginger Sauce
(makes 6 servings)
|1/3||cup (75 g) non fat mayonnaise|
|1||tablespoon (15 ml) fresh lemon juice|
|1/8||teaspoon (0.6ml) oriental sesame oil|
|1 1/2||teaspoons (7 ml) grated fresh ginger|
|1 1/2||tablespoons (22.5 ml) whole grain mustard|
|1/8||teaspoon (0.6 ml) garlic powder|
|freshly ground pepper|
|3||6-inch (15 cm) whole wheat pita loaves|
|6||5-ounce (150 g) -fresh tuna fillets|
|olive oil cooking spray|
|1||8-ounce (240 g) tomato, sliced thin|
|6||thin slices red onion|
- Prepare the coals for grilling or light the grill.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise. lemon juice, sesame oil, ginger, mustard, garlic powder, and pepper. Set aside
- Cut each pita bread in half to form 6 pita pockets. Lightly brush the insides of the pita pockets with ginger sauce. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on grill to warm. Remove to outside edge of grill just to keep warm.
- Lightly coat the tuna filets with cooking spray. Pat with pepper and grill on both sides until pink in middle, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill.
- To serve, place a fillet in each pocket. Top with lettuce, tomato and onion slice. Top with ginger sauce and serve immediately.
|Per serving:||253 calories (9% calories from fat),. 35 g protein, 3 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 21 g carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber, 67 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||4 very lean protein, 1 1/2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1 vegetable)|