Warm Oven-Fried Chicken with Three Mustards
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups dried plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup yellow corn meal
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 5 whole skinless and boneless chicken breasts, about 1 pound each
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 mustards: Dijon, seeded country style, and wine
- fresh parsley sprigs
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, corn meal, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and parsley. Set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast into quarters, removing all fat. In a shallow dish, soak the chicken pieces in the milk for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once. Remove a chicken piece from the milk and dip in the bread crumb mixture. Place in prepared pan, separating each piece by at least 1 inch. Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until well browned.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving platter and surround with small bowls of the mustards, placing a small spoon in each bowl. Garnish the platter with sprigs of parsley.
|Per serving (without mustards):||219 calories (14% calories from fat), 36 g protein, 3 g total fat (0.8 g saturated fat), 8 g carbohydrate, 0 dietary fiber, 88 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||4 very lean meat, 1/2 carbohydrate (1/2 bread/starch)|