Warm Oriental Stir-Fry Chicken Salad
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 ½ ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- ½ pound fresh button mushrooms
- 4 scallions, white part and 3 inches green, chopped
- 1 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved and seeded, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 pound fresh spinach, stems removed, washed and spun dry
- fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a measuring cup, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, and sherry. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, place the sliced chicken and 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture. Add the garlic and ginger. Stir and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or non-stick skillet until very hot but not smoking. Add the chicken with marinade and stir, browning until all liquid has evaporated. Remove from wok.
- Add the mushrooms and scallions to the wok. Sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the bean sprouts. Stir for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the wok along with water and remaining soy sauce mixture. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Place the cucumber and spinach leaves in a large salad bowl. Toss with warm chicken mixture. Serve immediately.
|Per serving:||247 calories (12% calories from fat), 36 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 20 g carbohydrates, 7 g dietary fiber, 66 mg cholesterol, 716 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||3 very lean protein, 1 1/2 carbohydrate (4 vegetable)|