- 4 pounds boneless top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick, trimmed of all visible fat
- 3 pounds small red new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 pounds very young green beans, trimmed
- 2 pounds yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 4 quarts lightly packed mixed baby salad greens
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion, about 3 ounces, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- Ahead of time, grill steak to 5 minutes on each side, until medium rare, or to desired doneness. Cut into slices on the diagonal about 1/2-inch thick. Pack into a container and chill.
- Place potatoes in a pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Steam green beans and squash over boiling water until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain again. Toss green bean mixture with potatoes. Pack into a container and chill.
- Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes; cut each in half and pack in a container and chill. Wash and dry the salad greens. Pack in a plastic bag and chill.
- Make the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients, starting with 2 tablespoons of the Dijon. Taste, adding more as needed. Pack in a container and chill.
- At the reunion site, arrange the greens in a large shallow serving bowl. Arrange the vegetables over the greens and top with steak slices. Scatter the tomatoes over the salad. Drizzle about 1/4 cup of the dressing over the top of the salad. Place the remaining dressing nearby for spoon over individual servings.
|Per serving:||313 calories (22% calories from fat), 31 g protein, 8 g total fat (3.1 g saturated fat), 30 g carbohydrates, 6 g dietary fiber, 77 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||3 lean protein, 2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 2 vegetable)|