Spicy Chicken with Linguine
- 12 ounces fresh linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, all fat removed, diced
- ½ cup julienned onion
- ½ medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into fine julienne strips
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 ½ tablespoon spicy southwestern hot sauce
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions, white part and 1 inch (2.5 cm) green
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Cook linguine according to package directions for al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper. Continue to stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with chile flakes and hot sauce. Add cabbage and pasta. Continue to cook, tossing pasta for another minute, until chicken is cooked through (cut to test).
- Divide between 4 pasta dishes and sprinkle with scallions and cilantro. Serve at once.
|Per serving:||405 calories (15% calories from fat), 35 g protein, 7 g total fat (0.8 g saturated fat), 52 g carbohydrates, 4 g dietary fiber, 66 mg cholesterol, 567 mg potassium, 232 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||3 lean meat, 3 1/2 carbohydrate (3 bread/starch, 1 1/2 vegetable)|