Spaghetti with Seafood and Spinach
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 ounces medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ½ pound fresh bay scallops
- 4 ounces skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 strips
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or additional lemon juice
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves, about 1/2 pound, stems removed
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add the pasta and cook to al dente, following package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, 1 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and parsley. Set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, scallops, and salmon. Cook, turning once, for about 2 minutes. Add the wine and boil for another minute. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the lemon-garlic mixture and spinach. Gently toss the seafood with the pasta and serve immediately.
|Per serving:||381 calories (17% calories from fat), 30 g protein, 7 g total fat (1.2 g saturated fat), 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 77 mg cholsterol, 197 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||3 lean meat, 3 carbohydrate (3 bread/starch)|