Protein-packed Almond Pork Tenderloin
- 1 ½ lbs pork tenderloin (it should be lean)
- ½ cup cooking sherry
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh chopped onion
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
- In small bowl stir together sherry, soy sauce, pepper, and garlic; pour over pork in a sealing bag.
- Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade; pat dry.
- Coat pork with almonds.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown pork on all sides, for about 5 minutes, turning carefully.
- Reduce heat to low, add reserved marinade, onion, carrot, and celery; cover and simmer 10-12 minutes and serve.
Recipe provided by Chef Jack, Lead Chef at BistroMD.
- Calories 236
- Fat 8.7g
- Protein 29.4g
- Carbohydrates 7.6g
- Fiber 1.9g
- Sodium 262 mg