- cooking spray
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 small zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces mushrooms, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds ground sirloin beef
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- freshly ground (to taste)
- ½ cup liquid egg substitute
- ¼ cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a non-stick sauté pan with cooking spray. Cook the onion for 3 minutes until it becomes transparent. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic and cook stirring over medium high heat until cooked through.
- Place the meat in a bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients and blend until incorporated.
- Stir in the cooked vegetables and form into a loaf.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until done.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
|Per serving (meatloaf only):||216 calories (28% calories from fat), 30 g protein, 7 g total fat (2.8 g saturated fat), 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 75 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||3 1/2 lean protein (meat), 2 vegetable|