- 1 10-ounce can refrigerated pizza dough
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- vegetable cooking spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Open dough can and place on a work surface. Roll out and cut two 6-inch circles. Rework scraps, roll out, and cut out another two 6-inch circles for a total of 4 circles. Discard remaining scraps.
- Transfer dough to a parchment paper or tin foil-lined baking sheet. Spread each circle with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce to within 1/4 inch of the edge. Place 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese near the center of each circle. Top each with 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon oregano.
- Dampen the edges of each circle with a little water. Fold circles in half, enclosing the cheese filling. Crimp the edges by pressing down with the tines of a fork along the edge. Cut two small slits in the top for steam vents.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
|Per serving:||266 calories (27% calories from fat) 15 g protein, 8 g total fat (4.0 g saturated fat), 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 19 mg cholesterol, 593 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 medium fat protein, 2 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|