Pizza De Luxe
- 1 thin-crust Italian bread shell
- 1 cup Contadina Original Pizza Sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim milk (1/3 less fat) mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces turkey sausage, crumbled, pre-browned in a skillet, drained thoroughly on paper towels, then placed in a bowl (do this ahead)
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried basil
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place the shell on an ungreased 12-inch nonstick pizza pan.
- To assemble the pizza, spread the pizza sauce over the shell, leaving a 1-inch border around the rim. Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Arrange the cooked sausage on top of the cheese, covering evenly. Top with onion and mushrooms slices. Sprinkle evenly with oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes (if using). Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted and browned. Cut into 6 wedges.
|Per serving:||243 calories (35% calories from fat), 16 g protein, 10 g total fat (3.7 g saturated fat), 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 32 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||1 medium fat meat, 1 1/2 carbohydrate (1 1/2 bread/starch), 1 vegetable, 1 fat|