- cooking spray
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 ounces each) halved
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 4 ounces each)
- 8 small red potatoes (about 1 pound total) scrubbed and quartered
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large onion, 8 ounces, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 dried apricot halves
- 8 dried pitted prunes
- ½ tablespoon crushed dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small navel orange, washed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Rinse chicken pieces; remove and discard any visible fat. Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towels.
- Arrange chicken in the prepared pan and surround with potatoes and mushrooms. Scatter onion, garlic, apricot, and prunes over chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, salt (optional), and pepper.
- Drizzle the olive oil over all.
- Arrange orange and lemon slices on top.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes, uncovering the pan during the last 5 minutes of baking time. Serve at once.
|Per serving:||247 calories (18% calories from fat), 27 g protein, 5 g total fat (1.0 g saturated fat), 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 80 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||3 lean protein (meat), 1 1/2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1/2 fruit)|