Macadamia- and Oat-encrusted Halibut
- 6 halibut fillets (4 oz each)
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- dash salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, nuts, thyme, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a large dish.
- In another medium-sized dish, beat water and egg white until frothy.
- Dip the halibut fillets into the egg mixture and coat the fillet, and then dip into the oat mixture.
- Place the halibut fillets in the casserole dish and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the fish appears to flake easily with a fork.
Recipe provided by Chef Jack, Lead Chef at BistroMD.
- Calories 253
- Fat 9g
- Protein 32g
- Carbohydrates 11g
- Fiber 4g
- Sodium 342mg