Italian Ricotta and Cherry Tomato Pie
- 1 10-ounce thin crust pizza shell
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- olive oil cooking spray
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the pizza crust on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the basil and olive oil. Spread over the crust. In another bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Crumble over the basil.
- Place the tomato halves on top. Spray with cooking spray and grate on fresh pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked but still keep their shape. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve warm or chilled.
|Per slice:||143 calories (34% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 5 g total fat (1.7 g saturated fat), 18 g carbohydrate , 2 g dietary fiber, 7 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch), 1 fat|