Herb-Roasted Beef Tenderloin
- 1 4-pound beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt (optional) and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Let tenderloin come to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Heat oven to 425°F with oven rack in center.
- Tuck the rosemary and thyme sprigs under the string tying the fillet. Place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Season with salt (if using) and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Baste beef with olive oil and continue to roast for another 10 to 15 minutes, until an instant-reading meat thermometer placed in the thickest part of the meat registers 120°F for medium-rare or 140°F for medium (roast will continue to cook some out of the oven). Transfer roast to a heated serving platter and let sit 15 minutes at room temperature before carving.
- Carve the roast into thin slices and serve.
|Per serving:||179 calories (45% calories from fat), 24 g protein, 9 g total fat (3.6 g saturated fat), 0 carbohydrate, 0 dietary fiber, 71 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||3 lean meat|