Grilled Salmon Steaks with Tarragon Sauce
Total: 20 minutes
- 4 salmon steaks (1" thick, preferably)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (or 2 teaspoons crushed dried tarragon)
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 medium plum tomato, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- Start a grill or preheat the broiler.
- Brush both sides of salmon with lemon juice. Grill (or broil) for 5 to 6 minutes per side, turning once, until salmon flakes when prodded with the tines of a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine shallots, tarragon, yogurt, tomato, and parsley. Mix well.
- When salmon steaks are done, arrange on dinner plates and spoon tarragon sauce on top of salmon.
|Per serving:||240 calories (34% calories from fat), 31 g protein, 9 g total fat (1.4 g saturated fat), 7 g carbohydrates, trace dietary fiber, 77 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||4 lean protein, 1/2 carbohydrate (skim milk)|