Grilled Chicken Pizza
- 1 10-ounce tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried basil
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, chopped
- ½ cup reduced-fat, low-sodium jarred marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked chicken, marinara sauce, and onion. Set aside.
- Open the dough package and on a lightly floured surface, roll out to roughly form a 10-inch circle.
- Place the crust on a piece of aluminum foil that has been lightly sprinkled with cornmeal. Using your fingers, pat dough to desired shape and thickness.
- Invert dough onto grill cooking grate, and then peel off the foil.
- Grill for about 3 minutes on medium heat with the grill lid closed, until the top of the dough puffs and the underside is crisp and lightly browned.
- Using a large metal spatula, turn the crust over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes (until the bottom is set).
- Brush the cooked top with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano and basil.
- Spread the marinara sauce mixture over the top side of the crust.
- Arrange mushrooms on top (if using).
- Top with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle on the mozzarella, covering the top evenly.
- Continue to grill for another 4 to 5 minutes, until the pizza is cooked through, the dough lightly browned, and the cheese melted. To insure even cooking, use tongs to rotate the pizza two or three times during the cooking period, taking care not to knock off the topping.
|Per serving:||142 calories (21% calories from fat), 11 g protein, 3 g total fat (1.1 g saturated fat), 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 21 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 lean protein (meat), 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|