Grilled Chicken Breasts with Warm Balsamic Strawberry Salsa
- 4 4-ounce boneless and skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup Warm Balsamic Strawberry Salsa
- extra minced chives for garnish (optional)
- Place the pounded chicken breasts in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat a grooved nonstick pan, remove the chicken from the marinade and dry with paper towel. Cook until the chicken is done, about 4 to 5 minutes per side, and juices run clear when prodded with the sharp tip of a knife. Serve at once with 2 tablespoons of salsa and drizzle a bit of the liquid around the edge. Decorate with extra chives.
|Per serving:||155 calories (22% calories from fat), 23 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.9 g saturated fat), 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 63 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||3 very lean protein, 1/2 carbohydrate (fruit)|