Greek-style Grilled Chicken Wraps
- 4 5-ounce boneless and skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, patted dry, and pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried oregano
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 slices peeled sweet onion
- 2 12-inch pieces of Naan or other Arabic bread or 4 6-inch pita bread rounds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Light a grill or start a charcoal fire. Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Brush chicken breasts on both sides with lemon juice. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Remove grill top and lightly coat with cooking spray. Return to grill and arrange chicken breasts and onion slices on top of grill. Cook, turning once, for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until chicken juices run clear when prodded with a tip of a sharp knife. Onion slices should take about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer onions to a carving board and cut into strips.
- When chicken is done; transfer to carving board and cut into 1/2-inch strips. Keep warm.
- If using Arabic bread, cut in half; if using pita bread, leave whole. Warm in the oven for a few minutes until pliable, but not crisp.
- Place the chicken and onion strips on the center of each bread piece, sprinkle with mint, and roll up.
|Per serving (sauce not included):||328 calories (9% calories from fat), 39 g protein, 3 g total fat (0.7 g saturated fat), 36 g carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fiber, 82 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||4 very lean protein, 2 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|