- 1/3 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon good-quality chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 catfish fillets, 5 ounces each
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cornmeal, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt (if using), and pepper. Dredge catfish fillets in cornmeal mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Lightly coat a large ovenproof skillet with cooking spray
- Add olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add the catfish and sauté for about 3 minutes per side, turning once, until catfish starts to brown.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes, until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Serve at once.
|Per serving:||191 calories (32% calories from fat), 24 g protein, 7 g total fat (1.4 g saturated fat), 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 82 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||3 lean protein, 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|