Chicken Sandwiches with Onions and Mushrooms
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 1 small onion (4 ounces) sliced thin
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon low fat, low salt mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 multigrain crisp rolls, about 1 ounce each, cut in half horizontally
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Sauté the onions and mushrooms over medium high heat until they are cooked through and begin to brown. Add the garlic and cook for two minutes. Set aside.
- In a small cup combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Set aside.
- Grill the chicken until done, about 5 minutes per side. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices. Heat the rolls on the grill just before assembling the sandwiches.
- To serve: Place 1 teaspoon of the sauce on the bottom of each roll. Top with chicken slices, onions and mushrooms. Serve warm.
|Per serving:||238 calories (16% calories from fat), 30 g protein, 4 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat), 19 g carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber, 67 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||3 very lean protein, 1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1 vegetable)|