Chicken Salad with Walnuts
Total: 35 minutes
- 5 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup non-fat sour cream
- ¾ cup non-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 celery ribs, cut into small dice
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh tarragon
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- extra tarragon for garnish
- Poach the chicken breasts in simmering broth until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut (or shred) into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, and vinegar.
- Combine the chicken and dressing. (Can be made ahead and refrigerated to this point one day in advance.)
- Before serving, add the celery, walnuts, tarragon, salt, and pepper to taste.
|Per 1/2-cup serving:||271 calories (19% calories from fat), 46 g protein, 6 g total fat (0.9 g saturated fat), 7 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 111 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||6 very lean protein, 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|