Chicken with Pesto and Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 5-ounce skinless, boneless, skinless breasts
- 1 ½ teaspoon store-bought pesto
- 1 ounce skim milk mozzarella cheese, sliced into 8 thin strips
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut a pocket in each breast, being careful not to cut thorough the chicken. Place 1/4 teaspoon pesto in each pocket and add 2 thin slices of the cheese. Using toothpicks close the pockets and place on a baking sheet. Continue the process until you have all 4 chicken breasts readied for the oven. Spread the remaining 1/2 teaspoon pesto on top of the chicken breasts and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake the chicken for about 20 minutes until cooked through. Allow to set for 5 minutes, before serving. Remove the toothpicks before serving.
|Per serving:||184 calories (20% calories from fat), 35 g protein, 4 g total fat (1.4 g saturated fat), 0 carbohydrates, 0 dietary fiber, 369 mg potassium, 141 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||4 lean protein|