Chicken with Mango and Asparagus
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 ½ tablespoons vodka
- ½ tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 scallions, white part and 2 inches green, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger peeled and julienned
- ½ red bell pepper, 3 ounces, seeded and julienned
- 6 ounces thin asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small ripe mango, 4 ounces, peeled and cut into chunks
- Place the cubed chicken in a bowl. Add the egg white, cornstarch, vodka, and canola oil. Stir to coat the chicken, then set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Combine the white wine, soy sauce and chicken stock in a pitcher.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet and spray it with cooking oil. Add the marinated chicken and cook over high heat until lightly browned. Add the scallions, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and asparagus and stir fry for another minute. Slowly stir in the liquid and bring to a boil so that the sauce thickens. Lower the heat and stir in the mango. Cook until heated through.
- To serve, place on a bed of spiced basmati rice.
|Per serving:||213 calories (14% calories from fat), 29 g protein, 3 g total fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 66 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||3 very lean protein, 2 vegtable|