Cheesy Tuna Dogs
- 1 2-ounce can water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 2 scallions, white part only, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 shredded lettuce leaf
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 hot dog buns
- In a small bowl, flake tuna with a fork. Stir in dill pickle relish, scallion, cheese, lettuce, and mayonnaise.
- Partially open hot dog buns and fill each with half of the tuna mixture.
- Wrap each filled bun with microwave-safe plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) for 90 seconds or until cheese melts.
- Carefully unwrap the buns and cut in half or leave whole. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes.
|Per serving:||187 calories (29% calories from fat), 11 g protein, 6 g total fat (1.9 g saturated fat), 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 14 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 lean meat, 1 1/2 carbohydrate (1 1/2 starch)|