Canadian Bacon, Mushroom, and Peppers Pizza
- 1 11 1/2-inch thin-crust Italian bread shell
- 1 cup Contadina Original Pizza Sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim milk (1/3 less fat) mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green or red bell pepper, 3 ounces seeded and cut crosswise into thin rings
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried basil
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place the shell on an ungreased 12-inch nonstick pizza pan.
- To assemble the pizza, spread the pizza sauce over the shell, leaving a 1-inch border around the rim. Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Arrange the Canadian bacon on top of the cheese, covering evenly. Top with mushroom slices and bell pepper rings. Sprinkle evenly with oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes (if using). Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted and browned. Cut into 6 wedges.
|Per serving:||223 calories (28% calories from fat), 16 g protein, 7 g total fat (2.7 g saturated fat), 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 24 mg cholesterol, 891 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||1 lean meat, 1 1/2 carbohydrate (1 1/2 bread/starch), 1 vegetable, 1 fat|