Baked Flounder with Peppers and Tomatoes
- 4 6-ounce fillets of flounder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 bell peppers, red and yellow
- cooking spray
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon crushed dried
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the fillets in an oven proof baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Char the bell peppers using either a gas range burner or the broiler. Quickly place in a paper bag to steam. Remove when cool enough to handle. Remove the skin and seeds. Chop.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until onions are transparent.
- Add the bell peppers and tomatoes and cook stirring over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tarragon and vinegar.
- Spoon the vegetables over the fish fillets and bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the fish is just opaque.
- Serve immediately.
|Per serving:||207 calories (10% calories from fat), 31 g protein, 2 g total fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 16 g carbohydrates, 4 g dietary fiber, 80 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||4 very lean protein, 1 carbohydrate (3 vegetable)|