- 1 4-ounce plain bagel, cut in half
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 1 ounce part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ tsp oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat broiler. Position top oven rack 4 to 5 inches below source of heat.
- Spread each bagel half with 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Place prepared bagels on a baking sheet and broil for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, until cheese melts and sauce bubbles.
|Per serving (4-ounce bagel):||204 calories (14% calories from fat), 10 g protein, 3 g total fat (1.6 g saturated fat), 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 8 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||1/2 medium fat meat, 2 carbohydrate (2 bread/starch), 1 vegetable|